The www.compressionsocks.ie website is owned and operated by: P.J. Brennan & Company Limited (“Brennan & Company”), with a registered office at 61 Birch Avenue, Sandyford Business District, Dublin, A94 XW68, Ireland (registered in Ireland with company number 24218). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: +353 1 2952501
Brennan & Company knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data (meaning information about an individual from which that individual can be personally identified) we collect from you, or that you or others provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of data protection laws, the data controller is P.J. Brennan & Company Limited.
Any sales or orders through this website shall be in accordance with the Terms of Sale. The website is owned and operated by Brennan & Company and orders shall be fulfilled by Brennan & Company.
What personal information do we collect??
- Information you give us – This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, making a purchase from our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, enter a promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Information we collect about you – With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources – We may receive information about you when you use our site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, payment providers, as well as other business partners, analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers) from whom we may also receive information about you.
How and why do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To improve our website – We will also process your personal data in order to provide you with a more effective user experience (such as by displaying goods we believe you will be interested in, based on your purchase history and browsing habits). This processing means that your experience of our site will be more tailored to you, and that the products you see on our site may differ from someone accessing the same site with a different purchase history or browsing habits. We also use various cookies to help us improve our site (more details are set out below), and share your personal data with third party analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. We will also process your personal data for the purposes of making our site more secure, and to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. The legal basis on which we process your data in these circumstances is our legitimate interest to provide you with the best customer experience we can, and to ensure that our site is kept secure. The use of non-essential cookies is subject to your consent. You can also prevent us from using your personal data in this way by contacting us at email@example.com, or by using the ‘do not track’ functionality in your internet browser. If you enable such do not track functionality, our site may be less tailored to your needs and preferences.
- To fulfil orders – We will also process your personal data in order to fulfil any orders which you may place on our website. The legal basis for which we process your personal data in these circumstances is that the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you.
- To communicate & interact directly with you – We may also process your personal data in order to provide various supporting customer services to you (such as where you contact us with a question in connection with a product). The legal basis on which we process your personal data in these circumstances is your consent. If you do not provide us with the personal data we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
- For marketing purposes – Where you have opted in via our site to receive marketing communications from us, we will process your personal data to provide you with marketing communications in line with the preferences you have provided. The legal basis on which we process your personal data is your consent. You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes, and you can withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed in this way at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link in every marketing communication you receive from us.
- To improve what we know about our customers, and how to help them – We may analyse what you are interested in, with a view to helping other customers like you find products that will interest them. Your details will never be shared as part of this, but we may take a look at what people like you like to buy, so we can contact people who are similar to you with relevant messages.
What happens if our business is sold?
We will transfer your personal data to a third party:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (at all times in accordance with data protection legislation); or
- if Brennan & Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Brennan & Company about its customers will be one of the assets transferred to the purchaser.
In each case, the legal basis on which we process your data in these circumstances is our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by a purchaser. If you object to our use of your personal data in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
In certain circumstances we may also need to share your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
In order to maintain the safety of personal information, we implement and ensure our sub-contractors implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, and when the user enters, submits, or accesses their information.
How long do we store your data for?
Where you order products from us, we will retain your data for a period of 7 years, to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with a product you have ordered from our site.
Where we have processed your personal data to provide you with marketing communications, we will contact you at least annually to ensure you are happy to continue receiving such communications. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive such communications, your personal data will be removed from our lists.
Where we have processed your data for any other reason (such as where you have contacted us with a question in connection with a product) subject to the above, we will retain your data for 6 months.
Links on our site
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that you have left our site and these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Uses made of the information
We will combine the information you provide to us with information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).